Motorola Solutions recommendations for new battery use, storage and care
MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS RECOMMENDATIONS FOR NEW BATTERY USE, STORAGE AND CARE
Battery capacity naturally decreases slowly over time and the MSI battery warranty begins when the battery is shipped, thus to take full advantage of your new battery’s capacity and warranty, use batteries promptly after purchase. Always charge your battery using the approved Motorola charger. Charging in non-Motorola chargers may lead to reduced performance and battery damage. If you need to store your new batteries prior to use, please be aware that proper storage guidelines and time durations must be followed.
- Do not store batteries with flammable materials.
- Remove battery from radio to eliminate radio as a source of additional current drain. Do not replace the battery in any area labeled “Hazardous Atmosphere”.
- Store batteries in a well ventilated, temperature (68°F/20°C to 86°F/30°C) and humidity (30%-60%) controlled environment.
- Optimal battery storage condition is 30%-50% charge state. New batteries should be stored as delivered from Motorola Solutions. Used batteries should be charged or discharged to approx 50%.
- Batteries removed from storage may take several charge / discharge cycles to achieve their optimal capacity. One or two reconditioning cycles will accelerate capacity recovery.
- Use the battery in accordance with its water and dust Ingress Protection (IP) rating.
- Don’t disassemble, crush, puncture, shred, or otherwise change the form of your battery. Don’t discard your battery in a fire.
- Don’t dry a wet battery with an appliance or heat source, such as a hair dryer or microwave oven. If the radio battery contacts are wet, dry the battery contacts before attaching the battery to the radio.
- Exercise care in handling any charged battery, particularly when placing it inside a pocket, purse, or other container with metal objects such as jewelry, keys or coins.
- For IMPRES batteries, the first battery charge should take place in an IMPRES desktop (not vehicular) charger for proper initialization of IMPRES data in battery memory. Allow the battery to be fully charged through a solid green LED charger status indication.
The batteries listed below contain additional active circuitry required to meet specific regulatory requirements. This circuitry increases the rate of self discharge. For best performance these batteries should be used within 1 month of receipt. However, if storage is required, the batteries should be charged to a 50% charge state every 6 months.
Active Circuitry Batteries
- NNTN8287 Battery Li Ion IMPRES Intrinsically Safe CSA
- NNTN8386 Battery Li Ion IMPRES Intrinsically Safe CSA
- NNTN8359 Battery Li Ion IMPRES Intrinsically Safe IECEx/ATEX
- NNTN5510 Battery Li Ion Intrinsically Safe IECEx/ATEX
- NNTN7383 Battery Li Ion Intrinsically Safe IECEx/ATEX
BatteryDeals celebrates the addition of Astron Power SuppliesWe celebrate the addition of the highly respected Astron Corporation line of power supplies and conv …Jun 24th 2021
Motorola Solutions discontinues most IS / FM batteriesBelow is a list batteries pending cancellation by Motorola Solutions. Please contact us for current …Jan 20th 2021
New, Innovative Two-Way Batteries from Power ProductsOur partners at Power Products have recently released a new line of batteries with an integrated cha …Jun 28th 2020